As you probably know, to see good results from working out, you must eat properly.
In this article, I will share with you a compilation of 5 of my favorite meal recipes that fit the bill.
Every recipe in this article is designed to help you build lean muscle or lose fat while actually getting healthier, because who cares if you look great but feel like crap right?.
1Meal Recipe #1: Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes
- 1 (2 pancakes per serving)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 5 mins (Per Serving)
- Calories: 358
- Protein: 24 grams
- Carbohydrates: 59 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 large egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1. Grab a fork and start puncturing the sweet potato several times. Wrap it in a paper towel and microwave it for 4 or 5 minutes on high. now run it under cool water and then use a knife to remove the skin.
2. Try to blend the oats until they are a powder and dump into a bowl. then blend the sweet potato until it is smooth and place it into the bowl with the oats. Stir in the egg, vanilla extract, egg whites, cinnamon, and yogurt. make sure you mix well until it forms a smooth batter.
3. Use cooking spray to coat a pan and wipe away the excess with a paper towel. Save this to wipe the pan after cooking each pancake. And then heat the pan on medium-low heat.
4. Spoon into the pan about 1/2 cup of batter and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until you see golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook for 30 sec to 1 min or until golden brown and firm. Next, put the pancake on a plate and wipe the pan with the paper towel.
5. Repeat step number 4 with the rest of the batter.
2Meal Recipe #2: Mexican Meatloaf
Prep Time: 5 – 10 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins – 60 mins (Per Serving)
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 36 grams
Fat: 3 grams
- 1-pound lean ground turkey
- 1-pound lean ground chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted diced green chilies
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1 package (1 ounce) dry taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 can (28 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. And coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, ground chicken, black beans, corn, green chilies, salsa, taco seasoning, bread crumbs, and egg whites and mix thoroughly.
3. Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place inside the prepared baking dish, top with half of the enchilada sauce and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and top with the rest of enchilada sauce, return to the oven and bake until the meatloaf is no longer pink inside, about 10–15 minutes. A thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 150-160°F.
3Meal Recipe #3: Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 – 15 mins (Per Serving)
- Calories: 205 Protein: 30 grams
- Carbohydrates: 15 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- 1-pound raw shrimp
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet using cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, lemon zest, asparagus, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl, cover, and set aside.
2. Add the oil and garlic to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds. Stir in the shrimp. In a small bowl, add the broth and cornstarch and whisk to combine. Pour in the broth mixture and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir.
3. Cook, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens and the shrimp turns to pink and cooked through, about 2–3 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the parsley and lemon juice, mix them together, and serve the shrimp over the vegetables.
4Meal Recipe #4: Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potato
- 6 Prep Time: 5 mins
- ّCooking Time: 1 hr 20 – 30 mins (Per Serving)
- Calories: 216
- Protein: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 39 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- 6 medium-sized baking potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash of paprika
1. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 45–55 minutes, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, start removing the outer papery skin from garlic, drizzle with oil and wrap in 2 sheets of heavy-duty foil. Next, Add the garlic to the oven for about 30–35 minutes or until it is softened. Then let potatoes and garlic cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Once potatoes and garlic are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp until only a thin shell remains, place the pulp in a large mixing bowl, and add the softened mash and butter.
4. Cut the top off of the garlic head, and leave the root intact, now squeeze the softened garlic into the bowl with the potatoes, add the milk, buttermilk, rosemary, salt, and pepper and mix well.
5. Spoon the potato mixture back into the shells and place them back on the baking sheet. Bake at 420°F for 20–25 minutes, or until heated through. then remove from the oven and add a dash of paprika to each top.
5Meal Recipe #5: Kiwi-Banana-Mango Monster Shake
- Prep Time: 15 mins (Per Serving)
- Calories: 459
- Protein: 35 grams
- Carbohydrates: 78 grams
- Fat: 2 grams
- 1/2 medium kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple, diced
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup papaya, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon clover honey
- 1 packet (1 gram) stevia or other sugar alternative
1. Grab a blender and place all of your ingredients in it, blend on high until you get desired consistency.